Mission: Our goal as an information literacy program is to ensure that graduates of SUNY Cortland are information literate by teaching students the agency and ability to navigate the current complex and interdependent information world.
We help encourage and build the foundation of :
1) the critical evaluation of information sources
2) the knowledge of different information formats and cycles of production
3) the skills to navigate the many tools of information retrieval
4) the ability to ethically situate one’s own work within the larger information world
We pursue our mission through a variety of programs including but not limited to:
- COR 101 Library Orientation Activities,
- Composition Library Instruction Program (CLIP)
- Discipline-Based Instruction
In addition, we work with ASAP, Academic Peer Mentors, and other campus partners to promote and teach information literacy.
To learn more about these programs or to schedule instruction, please click on the tabs above. If you need more information or have any questions, contact the Information Literacy/Instruction Coordinator, Sara Quimby.